Before you buy a Sony A7C

By 44frames - October 10, 2020


Should I buy a Sony A7C?

Is an upgrade to Sony A7C worth the money I pay? Is a good question that came to me when I saw this camera when it was released.

What does Youtube say about Sony A7C?

I went down looking on all the reviews and videos on youtube, most of them are talking on the positive side of this camera and only very few have spoken the real challenges this camera could give the photographer of the videographer. 

I thought all these bloggers and YouTube reviewers who took mostly the positive on the products are trying to sell the products to their viewers for a small commission and this is like playing with the money of the customer or the YouTube followers who are following them with a lot of confidence on their reviews. I don't want to do that, I want to share my real opinion on this camera and of course, a few reviews were real reviews, from a couple of Youtube channels as well.

I want my readers to know the real fact that will come as a shock when you start shooting with the new Sony a7c, I'm not here to sell this camera to you, my readers, I'm here to tell talk openly on this camera.

Price?

$1800 USD [Body only] and $2100 USD with the kit-lens, for this camera, seems not worthy, instead, you can buy a much cheaper camera that is way better than this one.

I love Sony for the technology and brilliant features that they offer in their cameras, providing a full-frame sensor on a compact body like this his extraordinary of course it comes with a caveat, it does not provide the expected in Body Image stabilization [IBIS] as that of other Sony cameras.

Its very good from Sony to provide us with the full-frame sensor on a very compact camera but I feel that it has not come with the correct pricing. To me, $1800 USD is really expensive for this camera body.

Questions in my mind for that $1800 USD

Can it shoot 4K videos in 60fps / 120fps?: No

but for $200 USD more, Panasonic’s full-frame S5 shoots 4K at 60 fps and has a 10-bit internal recording for 4K

Do I get a dual card slot? : No

Do I have The Rolling shutter problem? : Yes

Does it shoot videos in 10-bits? : No, it shoots in 8-bits

How many photos can I take with a full charge? : 700 approx


8 Cons of Sony A7C

1. It is a small Factor camera may be called as a compact camera and it is very compact in big hands.  

2. The autofocus system is not as good as Sony a7sIII 

3. It has only one SD card slot and it is not possible to use it for professional work where you need a backup saving card

4. It has the old menu system and not the new menu system as Sony a7s III

5. It does not have have the front wheel or front dial on the index finger so for every adjustment you need to rely on the big dial on the back of the camera this comes a bit annoying when doing photography, where you might need to adjust the shutter speed for every shot or particularly during the photoshoot in the outdoors with natural light.

6. It does not have 1/8000  shutter speed 

7. It does not have a lock so you can lock your Dials and buttons and they tend to change while you move your hands around the camera while shooting.

8. Spending 1800 dollars seems to be not worthy for a camera like this instead you can try but Canon RP that has a great colour sign from Canon it has all the Dials and wheels appropriately weighted supposed to be B&M it's a mirrorless obviously and comes with a cheaper price dentist camera


So before you buy this camera please check on the Canon R or Canon RP and then make your decision

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments